The City is proposing to make a number of significant policy changes through the Official Plan to make Ottawa the most liveable mid sized city in North America. You can provide your feedback until September 16.
The City of Ottawa’s Official Plan provides a vision for the future growth of the city and a policy framework to guide the city’s physical development. The City of Ottawa has begun a multi-year process to develop a new Official Plan.
Known as the ‘Five Big Moves’, the following statements capture the most significant policy proposals for the new Official Plan:
- Growth: Achieve, by the end of its planning period, more growth by intensification than by greenfield development. This growth will provide a variety of affordable housing options for residents.
- Mobility: By 2046, the majority of trips in the City of Ottawa will be made by sustainable transportation.
- Urban Design: Improve our sophistication in urban and community design, and put this knowledge to the service of good urbanism at all scales, from the largest to the very small.
- Resiliency: Embed public health, environmental, climate and energy resiliency into the framework of our planning policies.
- Economy: Embed economic development into the framework of our planning policies.
Read the full 5 Big Moves report.
Make your Voice Heard!
There is a quick poll on each of the 5 Big Moves. You can find it here
The deadline to complete these polls is September 16th.
We encourage you to take a few minutes to send your feedback to the City.